About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Tuesday 1 October 2019

The Pre-Op

8.30am I arrived for my 2nd pre-op. The first was in February, but had expired, so they sent me for another one.

I had to fill in a health questionnaire and tell them what drugs and supplements I took. Just as well I'd written it all down beforehand!

Steve was with me, logged into the work wifi and was working away while we waited.

Eventually (took 50 minutes) we were called in to see the nurse. She was absolutely lovely! She told me more about what to expect than the original pre-op nurse did. She took swabs from my nostrils and my groin area, and answered my questions.

It looks like we're pretty much on our own as far as support goes though. I'm not surprised, I know resources are scarce and we are reasonably affluent I guess. Hopefully when I get to St Cross hospital I can talk to someone about what help is available for us.

I went for an ECG and could leave afterwards. I must admit, I didn't sleep well last night and I do feel quite thick just now (head thick that is!) so I won't be late in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment