About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Thursday 3 October 2019

T-8 and counting...

The operation is a week away. This time next week, I'll be having my last meal before the op. Now that's scary!

Today I've had an unexpected day off, so I decided to take advantage of it and get some things sorted out. I had my hair cut first thing. It's maybe not as short as I'd like, but at this length I can at least rub it over with a wet wipe and that will keep the grease at bay for a while!

I made the mistake of nipping to the hospice shop. There's a beautiful winter woollen coat in a blackberry colour in my size, £10.50 and a bargain: however I can't actually try it on so I'll have to pass on it this time!

Then to Boots for some homeopathic arnica pillules. A bit of Google scholar research leads me to some work which says that the optimum time to start taking it for post-operative reduction in bruising and pain relief, is 72 hours post-op.

Finally, over to Dunelm to see if I can get a throw in the right colour for the bedroom, which is deep wine colour. There was a choice but I opted for a 200 cm x 200 cm one, which should be big enough to wrap round if needed.

I've also been working out timings for washing and ironing, given that I'll be doing neither for about 6 - 8 weeks post-op. I'll probably be ironing shirts this time next week! I think I can leave washing the sheets hoping that Steve can help me when I do them closer to Christmas.

As I'm a NYR Organic consultant, I took advantage of their recent sale and got one of their Travel Kits, which contains organic facial wipes, Organic Defence hand spray which I imagine will get a good use in hospital, Wild Rose Beauty Balm for moisturising, Geranium and Orange shower gel (well you never know) and White Tea Facial Mist for freshening skin up, all in a lovely canvas bag: https://uk.nyrorganic.com/shop/TheAmethystCentre/area/shop-online/category/gifts/product/7103/nyr-travel-kit/ I'm adding Beauty Sleep Concentrate, which is a night time serum moisturiser, and a facial wash sample or maybe the Frankincense Cleanser, which can be removed with water if needed. I'll also put in a little pot of Frankincense Hydrating Cream, which I use every day.

I might do a trial pack later this evening to see if there is anything missing that I need to take with me! I'm a bit hamstrung in that I don't know quite how long I'll be in hospital for, I'm going to pack for 4 days just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment