About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Sunday 24 February 2019

This is the blog where I will share my experiences around my shoulder replacement operation and the recuperation period.

I decided to do this because someone might find it useful to hear how a middle-aged businesswoman copes with having part of her upper arm removed and replaced with a piece of titanium!

So why is it called "The Process of Membering"? I am looking at my shoulder and wondering how my body will assimilate this foreign object, and what can I do to help the process along. How can I welcome this foreign object into my body, and what can I do to make it feel welcome? How can I make it feel as if it's a welcome and valued member of my body? So Membering seemed to sum that up.

If you are following my progress through this blog, thank you! Being self-employed I'm not entitled to any Government support through this time, so a contribution via PayPal would be welcome (when I've worked out how to add a PayPal button!).

I'm not sure how often I'll write here, but I'm going to try and add some photos, and who knows maybe even videos (when I've become slightly presentable again after the operation).

Blessings
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment