About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Sunday 19 May 2019

Now to manifest a very big thing indeed!

This week I finally confronted the remaining elephant in the room: my driving.

It's becoming very difficult to get the car in gear these days. Hubby has had to get reverse for me sometimes, and last week he had to do the same for first gear. The problem is that, if my arm hasn't been used and has been in one position for a while, it goes into spasm when I try and do anything with it. If I pump my forearm up and down, and try and move the whole arm, that does help, but it still hurts.

Janet, my business partner, suggested I consider an automatic car. I've never driven an automatic in my life and I think I might have to have a lesson in one first, but I was so intrigued by this that I ran the possibility past hubby.

His response floored me: "why don't you investigate it then?" So I did.

I'm strongly considering leasing one, because I can have it for a couple of years, and if I don't like it when I'm better, I can get a "normal" one.

So I'm going to call into the garage next week and have a discussion with them about this. I'm also going to have a chat with my accountant to see what he says about its implications for the business.

Hopefully this will prolong my driving ability, and shorten the amount of time I have to have off work.

Wish me luck!

2 comments: