About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Tuesday 8 October 2019

T-3: learning the benefits of dietary supplementation the hard way

Today I realised exactly why I take dietary vitamin and mineral supplements.

I was advised by the pre-op nurse to stop taking all supplements 10 days before the op, so I complied with that. It's now been a week since I had one and I feel...

dog...

rough!

I feel slow.

I feel irritable.

I feel exhausted. That sort of exhaustion that starts behind the eyes and extends to the toenails.

I feel physically depressed. Not mentally or clinically depressed, as I am still thinking positively, but I can barely muster speech and when I do it's little more than a whisper. I can't do much at all. All I want to do is sleep.

So let's see what I was taking: vitamin C supplement, Vitamin D supplement, magnesium calcite (for night cramps) and a general multivitamin/mineral. I felt pretty good on that regimen. I stopped taking the full-spectrum omega oil about a month ago, and my knees are complaining about that!

And yesterday I got a call from the pre-op nurse that I had to repeat a blood test because my last one showed I had low potassium levels. That's probably because of the diuretics I take to help get my blood pressure under control, so when I went for the repeat test I didn't take my diuretic as I usually do.

Now I'm sitting at my desk, waiting for a replacement router to be delivered so I can go home and back to bed. Oh and there's a fizzy orange drink in the kitchen waiting for me to have my vitamin top-up... naughty me!

No comments:

Post a Comment