About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Wednesday 15 May 2019

I'm still here.

May 13th came and went, and I'm still here.

Still in pain, now with the additional complications that my muscles feel weak when I walk, my right hip hurts, and my neck and both shoulders both hurt too. Shopping this week was a night mare.

The Tens machine does work but not for long enouch. The Fenbid gel also works after a fashion, as I can't quite reach where it needs to go!

As I need to have a reasonably clear head, I can't take the full dose of 2 x 30/500 Zapain. I take 1 every so often, roughly every 3 hours at night as I think that's going to amount to much the same, and if I stop and take 2 x 500 paracetamol at about 3am then the hangover process has started so I have a roughly clear head by 9am.

I've started taking the Naproxen every morning again to see if it works. No improvement so far but I think it needs to build up, as does the Organic Beauty Oil from NYRO which I stopped taking in March on the advice of the pre-op nurse. Now I know that it actually works, I'm going back on it!

I found a very good pain scale this morning, which is 0 - 12. On that scale I'm operating at 7 - 9 most days, with the pain being enough to distract me from concentrating and stopping me doing things (like putting the gear lever into reverse).

I'm completely running out of ideas now. The only thing keeping me going is the thought that one day this will be over. Sorry to be so negative.

My crowdfunder is here. I'm considering using it to pay for taxis to get us everywhere as I'm finding driving so very painful.
https://gogetfunding.com/please-fund-my-convalescence/

No comments:

Post a Comment