About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Monday 28 October 2019

Week 3: on my own

Today is the scariest day post-op for me.

My husband has gone back to work.

I don't really blame him, 2 weeks more or less cooped up with me (he's gone shopping from time to time) has to be enough for anyone. Hey it is for me! So today I am home alone, with just Scala radio and our 3 cats for company.

I'm quite pleased that my arm is now at a stage where I can resume touch typing with both hands, and I've cut my nails on my hands this morning as they were getting very long. I couldn't cut the nails before now because I couldn't manage the clippers with my affected hand.

The other thing that's happened is that the pain relief medication has had to be tapered off. Bearing in mind that my shoulder was, in fact, the least of my worries before the little accident that got me here, and I have issues with several other major (and minor) joints, I can't just stop taking pain relief. I've decided to return to a modified pattern of paracetamol and ibuprofen during the day, and Zapain at night to help me sleep. So far it's OK.

So what shall I do? Well I can do what I want. I shall have to do some housework - some light dusting perhaps - but not much because I still can't use my left arm properly. I could start the CPD course on CBD (too many TLA's!), but I need to write to do that - maybe by the end of the week I'll have that one figured out. As it's nice weather, I might have a little walk round as long as I remember to pick my keys up first!

Oh and I can write. In fact, I'm considering taking part in NaNoWriMo - but not actually writing a novel...

But first I have to figure out how I make lunch with one working arm and one still at the "ow" stage.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Well done glad your improving, not long before you are back doing what you love best. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the scariest day for me too post-OP, when my partner went back to work.

    ReplyDelete