About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Saturday 26 October 2019

T+16: the little things

My husband amazed me today.

We discussed the food for today: tonight we're having a fryup, and a pork pie with pickle for lunch. After I had a nap (still not sleeping well at night), he got up and did me lunch.

Half the pork pie, cut into 6 slices, with a spoonful of Branston pickle and a spoonful of piccalilli on the plate and the offer of English mustard, which I declined because piccalilli. Not just put on a plate, but arranged so that it looked good.

The Japanese do say you eat with your eyes, and I remember from my days as a care assistant that jaded appetites are perked up when the food looks tasty and appetising. Somehow, hubby realised that and had taken the time and the trouble to create food I felt like eating, even though my appetite had faded over the last fortnight.

How lovely of him.

1 comment:

  1. It's a scary journey with the best results physically - in time. However, all journeys are not merely about the end result. There is a complex mix of experiences in which, if we're lucky, we make life transforming and enriching discoveries about ourselves... And those wonderful human beings we are fortunate to share our lives with... These moments of care and consideration help us to grow, really learn to appreciate, and find we need to move gently at times to savour the tiny sparkling moments that are irreplaceable Chris xxx. Love in abundance to both of you xxx What good choices you both made after a lifetime of friendship...to wander through life together xxx

    ReplyDelete