About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Thursday 24 October 2019

T=14: a new first!

This morning I had a "bath"!

Well sort of. I got in the bath.

Hubby of course was there to do the work because my good arm was supporting my bad arm as I'd taken my sling off for the exercise. So with his support, I stood in a bath full of hot water -

I'll just stop there. Hot Water. Oh. My. God. I swear to god it was the bestest, loveliest sensation I'd ever had, even just to stand with Hot Water up to my mid-calves. I did try and sit on my little step stool, but even that was too far down for me to manage with one hand, so I stood up

- and Hubby washed me with beautiful NYR Organic Rose Geranium shower gel, and poured Hot Water over me from a plastic jug, which was more controllable than a shower head.

So he dried me, and I dried him, and he put my clothes on me. It's taken me 4 hours to recover...


No comments:

Post a Comment