About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Sunday 1 September 2019

The Date!

Yes I have a date!

Friday 11th October, I have to go to Rugby St Cross hospital for 7am (yes you saw that right, 7 in the morning) to be admitted.


Up until 2.30 am I can have meals such as toast and cereals, between 2.30 and 6.30am I can have sips of water, after 6.30am it's nil by mouth. So I can see me having breakfast (cereal) at 2am, and my levothyroxine which I take in the night at 4am as it has to be taken a good length of time from anything containing calcium.

Then up at 5.30, have a bath, my final intake of water, and wait for the taxi.

I have instructions for what to pack to take with me, but no inkling of how long my stay is likely to be. As it's Friday, I could either get thrown out straight after, or kept in until Monday, but they really haven't said anything about it.

I ordered myself a new dressing gown, which I don't really wear, but it is burgundy coloured and plush and feels great to wear! I've also ordered an iPod, so I can upload my Spotify list to it and listen in hospital.

Being given The Date has provoked a new burst of creativity, as I now know when I have to have all my ducks in a row for. So the next round of training courses is arranged and advertised, I have two Reiki courses and two Violet Flame courses to teach, and the Centre has an Open Day taking place on Sunday 6th October.

But the very best thing is that I now know when not to arrange to go to concerts - and I can book in to concerts around that time! Justin Hayward on Tuesday 10th September, here I come! I have also been informed that I have won tickets to the HRH Prog weekender at the end of March next year. This makes up for the fact that I can't use the tickets I won for the October version as I won't be able to drive to Sheffield.

On the 19th I'm going to Bede Village's Open Day to see about booking my week in convalescence there, which I'm also excited about.

I can't tell you how relieved I am.  I feel as if the clock has been wound up and let go, and now I have things to do. So I will go and do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment