About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Tuesday 2 July 2019

Catching up

Hello, yeah it's been a while. Not much, how bout you?

(bonus points if you know which song that's from! I'll tell you at the end of the post.)

It's been a long, old, boring month has June, full of cold and damp, cricket and problems to solve.  The car mentioned in my last post has been a true godsend and my left arm is so grateful for it. Now we're in July, six months after I went on the waiting list and I still don't have a date for the op. This is bollocks, isn't it.

On top of all that, the dreaded brown envelope arrived from the DWP: I need to apply for Personal Independence Payment, having been given a lifetime award for DLA originally, that is now being phased out and I am being transferred. I have to return the form by the 18th July, and completing that was an ordeal. They are interested in what I can't do, you see, and I manage to achieve so much in my life by focusing on what I can do. It's been quite gruelling filling this form it, a bit at a time, adding to it when I find something else I can't do or have had to give up doing. I'm awaiting some of my medical records to provide supporting evidence now. I guess I should be grateful that this has come at a time when I really can't do very much at all.

Now another issue has come up: I think the long-awaited hip operation is looming now, as explained to me in 2011. So I have another GP appointment next week to see about getting another referral for it, and also what pain relief options I have. Apparently the shoulder op should be August, or if not definitely September. That's a lot later than I would have liked, but still manageable.

August is a slow time at the Amethyst Centre, and I was thinking of cutting back as far as we could anyway. The physio firm have indicated that they will be reducing their hours during August, which is another godsend - something else I seem to have manifested without knowing it! When setting an intention for something to happen, the real key to getting amazing results is to add the two words "or better" to what you want. You may have decided you want something on dodgy information, you see: or there really is something better out there for you. And in this case, the Universe seems to be taking notice of the "or better" part of the request I made last week!

I desperately need a break, and it came to my attention that one of my favourite bands - The Acoustic Strawbs - is playing at the Stables, Milton Keynes on the 13th. What a dilemma - do I book tickets in the knowledge that I may not be able to attend? Well what I decided to do was call the department secretary for a chat. She told me to go for it and she would make a note on my file to the effect that I was having a weekend away that weekend. So we are going to see some lovely people and an old friend of ours. We have some of the best seats in the house too. Thoroughly chuffed.

Oh and the quote from the song above? "I'd really love to see you tonight" by England Dan and John Ford Coley. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment