About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Saturday 1 June 2019

The Big Thing has arrived!

Sitting proudly on my drive is a silver Honda Civic automatic.

Not 5 days after my last post I took delivery of it. Thanks to Inga the amazing sales assistant at Listers who patiently sat down and found out what I really wanted in a car and got it for me. And also thanks to my amazing husband for making sure I got it in time for our 13th wedding anniversary!

I've also had something else materialise: my superannuation pension from Barnsley College. I worked there for 4  years part time, long enough to have paid into a pension and for it to kick in when I turned 60. So the lump sum and first payment landed in my bank account yesterday.

I've decided, therefore, not to pursue my crowdfunder any more, though of course if you wish to make a donation towards my recuperation then of course I will be more than grateful. How can I justify asking for money when the Universe has provided enough for me, taking into account the monies I've already received via the Facebook crowdfunder as well? So I will be having a week's convalescence, and also hopefully a short stay in a hotel full board for a holiday. Just as soon, that is, as I have the operation!

I still don't have a date. The time period is up in 6 weeks so it must be anytime soon. I shall call the department secretary to see if she has any pointers for me, as I think everything is in place now. We have a team of volunteers to cover me at the Centre, and also the computerised booking systems are sorted out.

Thank you all for your support and patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment