About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Saturday 9 November 2019

My recalcitrant body

I am not a fan of my body at the moment.

Yes there is rehab to do, and I am doing it to the best of my ability. 3 lots of exercises 3 times a day, with others from previous weeks from time to time, and some of the other exercises that I used to do when my other shoulder needed work.

I've decided too, that it is time for me to get my legs back in working order. So I've downloaded the Strava app and you are welcome to buddy up with me on there (or whatever you call it). On Thursday I walked to the end of the road and back, and on Friday I walked to the bus stop, where there is a bench. I had about two minutes rest and then walked back.

Oh that was so hard! I try and monitor my posture, and I catch myself stooping and walking like a figure 2 or something - bending forwards with my bum sticking out! I am so self-conscious! And my hips are so short - I mean they need to be more flexible - and my knees hurt so much...I tried to use both my arms when walking, and when I got home my bad arm really hurt because of that. And it was soooo cold! But I have to do it. I have got to walk otherwise (a) I won't be able to go to the Steve Hackett gig on the 18th in Birmingham, and (b) I have got to go to the Centre about that time to sort out the money, and I will need to walk as I won't be able to drive by then. Plus (c) there are 16 stairs at the Centre and at the moment I won't be able to manage them.

The other thing I've noticed is that my boobs are really lopsided now. The muscle tone on the left side is ridiculously low. The best thing in the last few days is that I've found out some old camisole tops with a hidden bra, and most of them actually fit (if I don't do the bra up that is!) so I can get some support now. I reckon I will be able to get back into the front-loading bras next monthl.

So if you feel like it, some messages of support wouldn't go amiss at this time. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment