About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Saturday 2 November 2019

Into week 4 and...

I NEED A BATH!

I can have a shower, and I can stand in a bath with water in and pour water over me, but it really isn't the same.

I can't really have a luxurious soak until the scar has closed up completely, and it won't do that until the swelling goes down. I could lie down and not get the scar wet, but then I have to get out of the bath, which is a problem with one working arm. Steve has got me out of the bath before when my legs stopped working on me, but I have to wait for the bath to empty and it's a bit cold, plus I don't want to knacker him!

I really need to wash my hair. I haven't washed it for 3 whole weeks, and while my hair is OK, my scalp is driving me nuts. If I went to one of the local hairdressers I couldn't lie back at the sink as it would stretch the scar tissue too much. As I only have one working arm I can't reach the whole of my head anyway. I'd have to ask Steve to wash it for me, and I'm not sure I could handle that, he is a bit strong for me!

So I shall just have to have fantasies of a luxurious long soak in the beautiful Seaweed and Arnica bath salts that I have bought to heal the wounds, of washing my hair and rinsing it with the shower head, of smelling beautiful and sweet instead of rather whiffy...

and hope that I don't have to go anywhere much for a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment