About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Wednesday 6 November 2019

A curate's egg of a day

On the plus side:

  • I had a bath (well shower really) and washed my hair for the first time in nearly a month.
  • I found out some camisole tops with a sort of bra in them which I haven't worn for years as they are technically too small for me. To my amazement, one fitted, so I am actually sitting comfortably with my boobs supported for the first time in nearly a month.
  • The physio thinks I'm doing really well and my scar is still pretty.
  • She gave me the go ahead to do without the sling! Woo hoo!

On the minus side:

  • The physio said I probably won't be driving until December or 8 weeks after the op
  • And I probably won't be able to go back to work until February, or 14 weeks after the op at least. This is because, basically I should have had the op in Spring, or I should have stopped working about then to try and preserve my shoulder, but because I still worked and tried to push myself until September, I need to try and recover to the point where I was in Spring before I get back to work, if you see what I mean.

But the worst thing was...

Our local ex-MP (Con) paid us a visit. Personally I'm surprised he managed to extricate his head from Johnson's arse in time to start campaigning today. Luckily I realised who he was, shook my head through the glazed window in the porch and went back in...

No comments:

Post a Comment