About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Sunday 28 April 2019

The NHS Envelope

When I got home from work yesterday, there was a white envelope addressed to me, with the NHS blue logo in the top left hand corner.

My heart did a double somersault and my stomach lurched. At last the Elusive Date was here!

Did I dare open it straight away? Nah. I decided to take my wrap off, put my slippers on, go to the loo and then open it, which I did.

When I picked up the Letter, Hubby said "Now turn it over and see where it's come from" Which I did. Hospital of St Cross, Rugby? Didn't think they did orthopaedics?

They don't.

As I said in a previous post, I turned 60 recently. What had come was notification of the need for me to comply with the bowel screening protocol, which will arrive sometime soon.

What disappointment!

I am not, let's be clear, objecting to the grossness of smearing poo on a piece of cardboard. I have had too many friends die of bowel cancer, thankfully my family have been spared. I am sure that I will have to have a colonoscopy because of the fact that I do have visible blood in my poo because of all the anti-inflammatories I have had to take over the years.

I would have preferred to see the following:

"Dear Mrs Pampling, we are pleased to invite you to have your left shoulder replaced with a brand new shiney titanium one on May 13th"

(or words to that effect)

Well anyway then, I have to wait a while longer for the op. I'm getting closer to being able to book a week in convalescence thanks to Nick and his kind donation, and here's the link to my crowdfunder for it. Please contribute or share. Thank you.

https://gogetfunding.com/please-fund-my-convalescence/

No comments:

Post a Comment