About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Thursday 28 March 2019

Is this the new normal?

So today I am not a happy bunny.

I should have been at a school event, helping the next generation with their job search and employability skills. Instead I am at home, not too far from the bathroom, and with a foggy head.

Last night I went to bed early because I had this event to get to, which would mean an early start to get there for 8pm. I did everything right pain wise or so I thought.

However, about 2am (might have been 3...) I needed to go to the loo and take my thyroxine tablet and more painkillers. So that's what I did, I took some co-codamol because I knew I had to be sharp witted early and a Zapain wouldn't do that. And that all bounced I'm afraid. Straight back. So another thyroxine tablet and a Zapain, which is much easier to swallow and indeed stayed down.

Back to bed: more pain, so more Fenbid gel on the spot.

More pain. Strange dreams.

So by 5am I knew I wouldn't make this event, and I feel bad for having to let people down at the last minute.

It's now 10.30 ish, and so far I've taken the extra strength painkillers, more Fenbid gel and a blast with the Tens machine - and that damn pain ain't going nowhere. I am out of ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment