About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Wednesday 13 March 2019

A loooooooooong wait!

So I rang the departmental secretary today and she informed me that:
  • I was on Week 8 of the waiting list, and
  • They are now booking people on Week 25!
So I sat down and worked it out. Week 25 for me is week ending 12th July!

Well that is interesting. You see, hubby works at the Great British Beer Festival every year, this year being no exception. He will probably be going down to Olympia at the end of July and returning in the middle of August, which will mean I will need to either get into a care facility for that time or hire in carers.

Let's hope that I get a cancellation then, which isn't likely to happen before Easter. Now that's good because it means I can organise the work stuff I need to organise.

The positives are, I guess, that I can try and earn some more money from doing treatments in the interim period. I can also get more done with the students at the Centre and supervise some of their case studies before I have to hand that job over to Lindsey and Victoria.
On the other hand, I have to put up with a malfunctioning shoulder for longer. A helpful physiotherapist friend suggested I get a TENS machine, so I'm going to talk to the Centre's physio on Saturday about that. And I've found a Very Interesting Product to trial, which is on order and I will, of course, be blogging my experiences around that.
I will also need to create a fundraising platform outside of Facebook as that one ends on April 15th.
My thanks also go to Mitchell Wheeler of AO Holistics, who paid me an impromptu visit yesterday and did some healing on my shoulder, which has been much better today.



No comments:

Post a Comment