About Me

My photo
Chris is married with 3 cats and lives just outside Coventry. She owns The Amethyst Centre, which is a complementary therapy and training centre.

Thursday 10 October 2019

T-1: a lot of finals

What a sad day this has been.

The final shift before the op.

Saying "merry Christmas and happy new year" to people who I won't see again before January.

Handing over my precious enterprise to my team.

So I stand on the shore and push the SS Amethyst Centre into the sea. Her capable crew, helmed by Janet and assisted by Lindsey, Bliss, Yvonne , Tracy and Caroline, with Sonia, Pam, Amy and Kerry on standby, will steer it through the next three months and possibly beyond. I'm sure they will do well. In fact, because I trained (most of) them, I expect they will do magnificently!

And I go on my next adventure, the unchartered waters of major surgery, recovery and rehab. I have never had an operation before, let alone one of this magnitude.

I will see you all on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment